Tuesday 24 May 2011

Competing workloads & changes afoot...

I have finally submitted my formal request to go part time.  Something had to give, because there is no way I can continue in a full time job while trying to develop my foodie work.  I am, in all honesty, well and truly knackered!

I get an idea in the morning about a dish I could make, then spend my lunchtime running around for ingredients, only to find myself by late evening, simply too exhausted to be creative.  I often work quite late or overnight somewhere, and any time off in lieu I earn, is spent catching up on all the other mundane things I'm neglecting as a full time working mother. It's no good at all.   

From the start of July I will only be working 3 days a week, and will use the other days to develop my menus and recipes, and pursue other opportunities that will hopefully get me cooking somewhere before the end of June.

I'm very excited, or at least I will be when I've had a good kip!  

1 comment: